Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Saint Laurent SS/14 Review



On June 30th 2014, Hedi Slimane introduced yet again, another amazing collection for Saint Laurent. I must tell you guys that when I first heard the Slimane would be taking over as the new creative director for Saint Laurent, I squealed with much fan-girl mannerism. When I was about the tender age of 15 years old, I stumbled upon Hedi's website, Hedi Slimane Diary and I instantly fell in love with the deep and rich black & white photo's Slimane captured through the period of each year. After doing some research, I began to notice that Slimane is every influential; he is a man which much vision and artistry. 

The Spring/Summer 2014 collection deeply showed Hedi's known love for music. As men strutted the runway dressed in leather pants, sporting leather jackets to-die-for and some, sporting a red rouge lip stick, it became clear what kind of magic Hedi Slimane was conjuring up. The magic of Glam Rock, Rockabilly and The Teddy Boys had Photographers,Writers, Bloggers and myself swooning over what is possibly the kind of magic menswear needs. Although, to be inspired by the 50s' and Glam Rock isn't really anything new, in my own opinion, Hedi Slimane does it best. 

Here are my some of my top favorite looks from the collection:

 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment